Free Math Games & Activities for Kids
A SQUARE is a four-sided figure where all sides are the same length.
Notes about squares:
- A square is most often characterized by S, the length of a side.
- All sides of a square have the same length.
- The perimeter, or distance around a square is S+S+S+S, or 4S.
- The area enclosed by a square is S × S, or S2
- The distance from one corner of a square to the opposite corner is sometimes called the diagonal
- A square is most often characterized by S, the length of a side. and is given by 21/2S or 1.41S
Finding AREA and PERIMETER: The AREA of a shape is the measurement of the surface of the shape. To find the area of a square or rectangle you need to multiply the length and the width. The area is a measure of the space contained within an object.The PERIMETER of a shape is the length of the outline of the shape. The perimeter of a rectangle or square can be found by adding the lengths of all four sides. The perimeter of a circle is called the circumference.Games All about Area and Perimeter: